jQuery Foundation Board of Directors
The Board of Directors supports the mission of the jQuery Foundation and provides both leadership and strategic governance. Board members are not compensated for their duties, except for travel (governed by the jQuery Foundation travel policy) and other office expenses related to Board Member duties.
New members are added to the Board from time to time by a public vote of the current Board members. As specified by the Foundation bylaws, Board Members will serve three-year terms and be eligible for re-appointment for additional terms via a vote of the Board.
Candidates for the Board should have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with leadership in business, technology, or the nonprofit sector;
- Commitment to the web development community and its needs, based on experience within the community;
- An ability to build relationships that strengthen the Foundation and work with groups representing diverse interests.
The Foundation expects to have all Board Members become individual members and/or have their organization join as a corporate member, so it can credibly solicit contributions from organizations and individuals.
The day-to-day operation of the Foundation is led by the Executive Director (ED), with the Board providing support. Duties include:
- Attending in-person board meetings, electronic discussions, and public votes;
- Advising the ED as he or she conducts the Foundation's business;
- Assisting the ED in developing and implementing the Foundation's strategic plan;
- Developing metrics for gauging the Foundation's effectiveness, and reviewing the results of those metrics;
- Approving the annual budget and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities;
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED;
- Working with the ED and other board members so that board resolutions are carried out;
- Identifying and engaging organizations able to further the Foundation's work through memberships, sponsorships, or other contributions.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Foundation and its mission;
- Ensuring the Foundation's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves.