April 2, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: dmethvin, timmywil, mikesherov, gnarf
Time: Noon ET
- New issues?
- Bad TinyMCE .attr() duck punch seems to be resolved by their beta
- need to land https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/720 ? (no, close)
- Thanks mikesherov and rwaldron
- Bug tracker misbehavin’ again last week
- Who knows why, but a reboot fixed it…
- Style guide: Did we remove the ambiguous “space around quotes” rule?
- Dave to create epic email thread regarding this
- http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/11539 Do we want to change our support for text nodes?
- gibson042: traversing is safe for text nodes, manipulation is not?
- Dave to coordinate a meeting time this week if possible
- 1.8 (April 9 Beta)
- Dev on master or branch? Consensus: 1.8 on Development Branch
- 1.8 Feature branch — we’ll land PRs there?
- Specific process?
- Make standard PRs but against 1.8 branch (after I create it)
- Um, create 1.8 branch (BRANCH is 1.8pre b/c there was 1.8 subs?)
- WHY CAN’T I label PRs? (gnarf: maybe bc issues are off?)
- Several PRs ready to land
- jaubourg has been a good boy
- Pinged Chad Killingsworth re Closure Compiler, he made a Sizzle PR for some issues to simplify CC work (haven’t reviewed it yet)