October 29, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: mikesherov, gnarf, gibson042, timmywil, petro
Time: Noon ET
- jQuery 1.8.3 – Cancelled due to complexity and lack of serious bugs
- Per discussion last week, jQuery 1.9 in a branch, 2.0 will be master
- botio is dead, gnarf is moving to use mergatron
- Deprecate $(html, props)? (leave for now but document that it sucks)
- whine whine whine but i like it
- the problem is the creating of attributes mostly
- plus the other special cases (one element etc)
- Create a tiny-plugin or one-liner repo?
- 1.9 voting – triaged all tickets during the meeting, YAY!!
- — post-meeting notes –
- jQuery 1.9 tix – need to jump on these and finish
- Pull queue – whittling it down, about 14 left now
- Speed tests, mikesherov to blow off the old stuff?
- Assigned tickets
- Only claim stuff you are going to fix in the next couple of months weeks
- Be realistic so others can try to tackle them, you can mentor if you have specific thoughts about how they need to be done