Updates

Status updates from members of the jQuery Team.

Mobile: February 14, 2013


jQuery Mobile Team Meeting

February 14, 2013
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: Todd Parker, John Bender, Jasper de Groot, Jason D Scott, Anne-Gaelle Colom, Gabriel Schulhof, Alex Schmitz, Ghislain Seguin
Time: 2pm ET

Official Agenda:

Todd

  • 1.3.0 Final release still on track on Monday the 18th, blog post draft is roughed out
  • New API docs and demos will launch on the same day
  • Nested listviews will be depreciated with 1.3.0
  • IE7 issue with multipage docs – browser bug we can’t work around


John Bender

  • Navigation odditiies
  • Perf suite setup
  • Chatted with someone at Intel about their attempt to do the same for jquery


Jasper de Groot

  • worked on demos, will finish a few more demos today/tomorrow
  • disabling AJAX global in demos breaks view source
  • added some things to 1.4 planning / roadmap


Anne-Gaelle Colom

  • learned how to tag
  • reviewing api docs for errors/mistakes and links that need to be removed or fixed


Gabriel Schulhof


Ghislain Seguin

  • Working on the release script, making it part of grunt and will share back with core
  • Working with Rafael on sharing code with UI for the download builder. No real progress there besides a repo move.



Alexander Schmitz

  • finished h2widget
  • working on demos for h2widget and deeplinking
  • fixed broken link issue in glbal nav panel
  • working on update to readme to explain php include for nav panel
  • more faq’s trying to finish section before monday (over half way there)

Mobile: February 7, 2013


jQuery Mobile Team Meeting

February 7, 2013
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: Todd Parker, John Bender, Jasper de Groot, Anne-Gaelle Colom, Gabriel Schulhof, Alex Schmitz, Ghislain Seguin
Time: 2pm ET

Official Agenda:

Todd

  • 1.3.0 RC1 went out on Monday as scheduled, targeting Monday the 18th for final
  • http://jquerymobile.com/blog/2013/02/04/jquery-mobile-1-3-0-rc1-released/
  • We’ve had two issues come in that needed to be fixed for final:
    • 5593 – hidden form elements that were added for focus management in popups were being added in other situations. Fixed in master
    • 5588 – Panels: Make sure active state is applied to and removed from buttons in header too. Fixed in master.
  • 1.1.2 and 1.2.1 maintenance releases coming within the next week or so. Changelogs done, need to update the docs and deploy. Since it’s a small release, we’re not doing an RC which is what core has switched to doing.
  • Initial planning for 1.4.0 has started. Alex is working with Scott Gonzalez on re-factoring core.js to be aligned with jQuery UI as the first step.
  • The plan is delete the old docs and replace it with the new API site and a companion demos site site. Working to make this switch for 1.3.
  • Working on migration plan for our servers
  • New shelves and charging setup in the Boston test lab. Added a Microsoft Surface this week.


John Bender

  • base tag branch revived, basic testing
  • navigation demos


Jasper de Groot


Anne-Gaelle Colom


Gabriel Schulhof


Ghislain Seguin

  • Was off most of the week.
  • Continuing progress on grunt migration
  • Had a meeting with Rafael about the common code for UI/Mobile download builder. At first it will just generate the UI. Then it could have an interface that both projects would implement differently to talk to their respective servers.


Alexander Schmitz

  • Wrote all FAQs in the Page section
  • Made deep links for docs until we can merge real fix after 1.3
  • Working on h2 widget to auto-populate the “In this section” panels for the new demos
  • Talked with scott_gonzalez on bringing in ui core
  • Started initial work planning
  • Worked with gnarf and ryanneufeld on 502 and view idea


UI: February 6, 2013

  • Finished porting ThemeRoller image generation to node.
  • Fixed issue with missing progressbar overlay in custom themes.
  • Planning jQuery UI 1.10.1 early next week.

Core: February 5, 2013

February 4, 2013
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, rwaldron, timmywil, gibson042, mikesherov, jaubourg, orkel
Time: Noon ET

Official Agenda:

Mobile: January 31, 2013


jQuery Mobile Team Meeting

January 31, 2013

Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: Todd Parker, John Bender, Jasper de Groot, Jason D Scott, Anne-Gaelle Colom, Gabriel Schulhof, Alexander Schmitz, Ghislain Seguin
Time: 2pm ET

Official Agenda:

Todd

  • 1.3.0 RC1 – Targeting Monday, just a few open issues we’re looking at
  • 1.3.0 Final – Targeting mid-February
  • API docs are almost 100% complete
  • Been focusing on creating widget pages for the new demo site, 70% of widgets are filled in, work starting on Q&A, demos have been cleaned up. Aiming to launch those with 1.3 final
  • Initial planning for 1.4 has started in the wiki
  • Ralph and Anne have been working on the new site and blog
  • Re-worked all the icon sprites for 1.3 to be consistent across sizes/colors. Added icon demos for how to remove the disc and use the black sprite
  • WP7.8 device donations from Microsoft have come in, starting to distribute these out
  • RIM sent two BB10 test devices for the Boston lab, under NDA
  • Working with Xavier on download builder and ThemeRoller support and future upgrades, shared tooling with UI


John Bender

  • Worked with arschmitz a bit on nav with anchors
  • Fixed the test build for phantom 1.8, released grunt-junit 0.1.6


Jasper de Groot


Anne-Gaelle Colom


Gabriel Schulhof


Ghislain Seguin

  • Talked with Ralph about where the download builder would fit in the new website, we decided to make it should be part of it
  • grunt, grunt, grunt! What’s working:
    • JS build with minification and sourcemap (yay!)
    • CSS consolidation and minification
    • Copy of images
    • Zipping -> dist/jquery.mobile.zip
    • Testing via QUnit/PhantomJS with XML reports output for CI
    • Testing against any version of jQuery via –jquery flag (will rename to –jqueries) ie –jquery=1.7.3,1.8.0,git
    • Added ability to run a subset of suites via –units flag (will rename to –suites) ie –units=event,navigation
    • Found a way to work around the PHP dependency for tests which means no more apache/php needed. The simple connect http server that comes built-in with grunt is enough. I’ve added a middleware to the connect server which intercepts request for /js/ and returns the built bundle. It also validates that our built jquery.mobile.js is working.
  • There are now 2 kinds of builds:
    • grunt dist and grunt dist:release the :release flag will pick up the version from the package.json as opposed to the git SHA1 hash.
  • Left to do:
    • 2 main suite failures left that I might need help with:
      • tests/unit/navigation/sequence/sequence-push-state-disabled-dialog-hash-key-tests.html
      • tests/unit/navigation/sequence/sequence-push-state-disabled-tests.html
      • leading to: 38/775 assertions failed (399454ms)
    • deploy
    • add a flag for theming
    • cleanup target
    • testswarm
    • anything else?



Alexander Schmitz

  • worked with john bender on nav came up with game plan to add
    • ability to pash hashes to pages
    • ability to deeplink to id’s
    • ability to manipulate the hash without adding history entries (push state only)
    • as a way to auto open panels and popups should linking to a url with a hash for a panel or popup open it?
  • started nav work
  • added faq pages (all of them in the forms category are complete now)
  • 1.4 planning with todd and Gabriel
  • worked with todd to come up with plan for AJAX in the docs
  • triage and bugs


Testing: January 31, 2013

January 31, 2013

Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode


Attending: Scott, Richard, Corey, James, Jörn


Time: 11am ET (16:00 UTC)




  • QUnit
  • TestSwarm
    • Timo working on projects
      refactoring
    • Puppetized localSettings.json, no
      more edit-on-live server when we need to change our browset sets.
  • BrowserStack integration
    • Got BrowserStack access to our Splunk
      dashboard. Already helping to fix issues on their end.
    • Now hoping to figure out why we
      loose so many workers.

 

 

UI: January 30, 2013

  • Fixed view.jqueryui.com to support tags not reachable from any branch.
  • Fixed errors with long URLs in ThemeRoller.
  • Continuing work to port ThemeRoller image generation to node.
  • Fixed all reported regressions in 1.10.0.
  • Planning to release 1.10.1 in about a week.
  • Continuing work on effects rewrites, planned for 1.11.0.

Mobile: January 25, 2013


jQuery Mobile Team Meeting

January 24, 2012
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: Todd Parker, John Bender, Jasper de Groot, Jason D Scott, Anne-Gaelle Colom, Gabriel Schulhof, Alex Schmitz, Ralph Whitbeck
Time: 2pm ET

Official Agenda:

Todd


John Bender

  • Holding down the fort


Jasper de Groot


Anne-Gaelle Colom

  • Added edit and bars button icons and examples (to button entry) to API
  • Added new textinput options (cleartxt) and example to API
  • Added entry for responsive grids to API

  • Arranged to get a FF phone for testing


Gabriel Schulhof


Ghislain Seguin


Scott Jehl


Alexander Schmitz

  • triage and small bug fixes
  • Working on new nav features to support deeplinking and passing hashes to pages
  • added several demos
  • worked with ryanneufeld to get php parsing in html files
  • update to core 1.9
  • h2 widget
  • worked with todd on demo planning
  • widget review planning with _|Nix|_


Jason Scott


Ralph Whitbeck

Core: January 25, 2013

January 21, 2013
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, timmywil, gibson042, mikesherov
Time: Noon ET

Official Agenda:

UI: January 23, 2013

  • Released 1.10.0.
    • Introduced a few regressions, which are being worked on.
  • Added multi-version support to download builder.
  • Working on creating shorter URLs for download builder to avoid bad gateway errors with nginx.
  • Porting ThemeRoller image creation from PHP to node.
  • Working on collapsing margin bugs with effects.
  • Working on using CSS clip for effects.